A popular Charleston, WV, marketplace will host Hops & Heat on October 24th, 2015 from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at Washington St. E. and Ruffner Ave.
Hops & Heat is described by the organizers as an Appalachian craft beer and chili cookoff event that will encompass over 30 craft beer selections from local & regional breweries. To take place at the East End Bazaar, the event will crown the Bazaar’s best chili in a chili cookoff competition between 14 Bazaar chili cooks. The Hops & Heat Chili Cookoff winner will receive a stained glass award created by Bazaar Artists Hubert Bain.
Those interested in attending should note that only 450 tickets will be sold. Tickets cost $25 and include unlimited 4 oz. samples of beer, unlimited chili samples, three 12 oz. beer tickets, and one branded tasting cup. Tickets are available online through this link.
Hops and Heat is a Charleston FestivALL Fall event.
The list of breweries from WV and surrounding states that will have beer at the event includes:
- Bridge Brew Works, Fayetteville, WV
- Charleston Brewing Company, Charleston, WV
- Mountain State Brewing Company, Thomas, WV
- Greenbrier Valley Brewing Company, Lewisburg, WV
- Morgantown Brewing Company, Morgantown, WV
- Blue Mountain Brewery, Afton, VA
- Sunken City Brewing Company, Smith Mountain Lake, VA
- Country Boy brewing Company, Lexington, KY
- Flying Dog Brewing Company, Frederick MD
For more information, check out the Hops & Heat Facebook event page.